If you’re expecting a refund from the state of Arkansas on your income taxes, you may be wondering about the status of your refund.
In this article, we will share where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). More details on Arkansas tax rates are also included in this article.
Where’s My Refund AR?
If you have filed for your Arkansas state tax refund and are wondering where your refund is, we have some information to help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Arkansas Tax Refund
To check the status of your Arkansas Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://atap.arkansas.gov/?link=myrefund .
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN
- The expected refund amount
Then click the “Submit” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Arkansas State Department of Revenue
Or you can also call the Arkansas State Department of Revenue’s refund line at +1 (501) 682-1100 or their toll-free line at +(800) 882-9275.
If you have filed for your tax refund electronically, it should be issued within 21 business days after they acknowledge the receipt of the return. However, if you have submitted a paper tax return, it may take up to ten weeks from the day you mailed it.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your AR Tax Refund
There may be delays if it takes a little while for your Arkansas state tax refund. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are several different reasons that could cause a delay in your Arkansas state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through the mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Arkansas Department of Revenue may need to get further verification of the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, making the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted it while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, ensure all the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Arkansas state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above or visit their website at https://atap.arkansas.gov/_/ or https://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/income-tax/individual-income-tax/.
Tax Rates for Arkansas
For low-income earners (those earning under $84,500), the tax rates are as follows:
|$5,000 – $9,999||2.0%|
|$10,000 – $14,299||3.0%|
|$14,300 – $23,599||3.4%|
|$23,600 – $84,500||4.9%|
For high-income earners (those earning over $79,300), the tax rates are as follows:
|$4,301 – $8,500||4.0%|
|$8,501 and above||4.9%|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund CA?