So, you’re wondering where your California State Tax Refund is? Well, you’re in the right place!
In this article, we will share with you how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any.) but first, we’ll give you a little more information on California tax rates.
Where’s My Refund CA?
Here’s how to find out the status of your refund in California…
Where to Check the Status of Your Georgia State Income Tax Refund
To check the status of your California Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/refund/login. Once you’re on the webpage, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN
- The numbers in your mailing address (this is optional)
- Your Zip Code
- And the expected refund amount, provide this in whole dollars, no special characters
Once you have entered all the details, simply click on the “Check Your Refund” button to check the status of your refund.
How to Contact the California State Department of Revenue
You may also check your refund status offline. All you have to do is call the California State Department of Revenue to check your refund status.
Their hotline number is 1-800-338-0505, and their business hours are between 7:00 A.M. to 5 P.M. during Mondays through Fridays.
Although it is highly likely that the phone service representatives will have the same details as the website/portal. Please wait at least eight weeks before checking the status of your refund.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your CA Tax Refund?
If it takes a little while for your California state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your California state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The California Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your California state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/index.html.
Tax Rates for California
To help you understand the tax rates for California, here’s a quick overview:
|Tax Rate||Single or Married Filing Separately||Married Filing Jointly||Head of Household|
|1%||$0 to $8,015||$0 to $16,030||$0 to $16,404|
|4%||$19,001 to $29,989||$38,002 to $59,978||$38,003 to $48,990|
|10.30%||$268,750 to $322,499||$537,500 to $644,998||$365,499 to $438,599|
|6%||$29,989 to $41,629||$59,978 to $83,258||$48,990 to $60,630|
|11.30%||$322,499 to $537,498||$644,998 to $1,074,996||$438,599 to $730,997|
|8%||$41,629 to $52,612||$83,258 to $105,224||$60,630 to $71,615|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund CO?