Did you know that there’s a way to check your Connecticut State Tax Refund online?
In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). We have also included more information on Connecticut state income tax rates for individuals.
Where’s My Refund CT?
If you have filed for your Connecticut state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, we have some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Connecticut Tax Refund
To check the status of your Connecticut Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://drsindtax.ct.gov/AUT/refundStatus.aspx.
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- The tax year
- And the exact refund amount
Then click the “Next” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Connecticut State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Connecticut State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 800-382-9463. It’s a toll-free hotline. On the other hand, if you’re calling from the Greater Hartford area, you may call +1 860-297-5962.
You may call from Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
It usually takes 10 to 12 weeks to process paper returns, but you can expect a shorter waiting period if you filed electronically.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your CT Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Connecticut state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Connecticut state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Connecticut Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Connecticut state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at www.ct.gov/myrefund or https://drsindtax.ct.gov/AUT/welcomeindividual.aspx
Tax Rates for Connecticut
|Tax Rate||Single Filers / Married Filing Separately||Head of Household||Married Filing Jointly|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund DE?