So, you’re wondering where your Georgia State Tax Refund is? You’re in the right place!
In this article, we will share with you how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). Plus you’ll learn about the Georgia state income tax rates.
Where’s My Refund GA?
Here’s how to find out the status of your refund in Georgia…
Where to Check the Status of Your Georgia State Income Tax Refund
To check the status of your Georgia Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund. Click the “Where’s my Refund?” button.
Once you’ve clicked the button, you will be redirected to a web page where you need to enter the following details:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN, or you may also provide your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or ITIN
- The tax year
- And the expected refund amount
Once you have entered all the details, simply click on the “Next” button to check the status of your refund.
How to Contact the Georgia State Department of Revenue
You may also check your refund status offline. All you have to do is call the Georgia State Department of Revenue to check your refund status.
Their hotline number is 877-423-6711 and their business hours are between 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. during Mondays through Fridays.
Although it is highly likely that the phone service representatives will have the same details as the website/portal.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your GA Tax Refund?
If it takes a little while for your Georgia state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Georgia state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Georgia Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Georgia state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund.
Tax Rates for Georgia
To help you understand the tax rates for Georgia, here’s a quick overview:
|Tax Rate||Single Filers||Married Filing Separate||Married Filing Jointly and Head of Household|
Please keep in mind that those first-time taxpayers who did not file a Georgia return in five years will receive a paper check no matter what they put in their filing.
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund HI?