Are you waiting for your Indiana state tax refund? If so, you have a few options for finding out where your money is.
In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). We’ll also look at Indiana’s current individual income tax rates.
Where’s My Refund IN?
If you have filed for your Indiana state tax refund and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Indiana Tax Refund
To check the status of your Indiana Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://secure.in.gov/apps/dor/tax/refund/.
Enter the following information:
- The tax year
- Your Social Security number (SSN) or ITIN
- Refund amount
Then click the “Check Status” button to check your refund status.
The Indiana Department of Revenue’s website is a secure, electronic self-service system.
How to Contact the Indiana State Department of Revenue
Or you can also call the Indiana State Department of Revenue’s automated refund line at (317) 232-2240. The hotline is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST.
Before you call, however, remember that the phone service representatives will likely have the same details as the website/portal. Please wait at least two to three weeks before checking the status of your refund.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your IN Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Indiana state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Indiana state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through the mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Indiana Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, ensure all the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Indiana state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above or visit their website at https://www.in.gov/dor/individual-income-taxes/check-the-status-of-your-refund/.
Tax Rates for Indiana
Indiana has a flat tax rate. So you’ll pay the same rate no matter what your filing status or income.
|File Type||Tax Rates|
|Single / Married filing separately||3.23%|
|Married filing jointly||3.23%|
|Head of household||3.23%|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund IA?