Are you wondering when you are going to get your Kansas state income tax refund? We can help you out!
In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). You’ll also find out about the latest individual income tax rates in the state of Kansas.
Where’s My Refund KS?
If you have filed for your Kansas state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, here is all the info you need to find out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Kansas Tax Refund
To check the status of your Kansas Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://www.kdor.ks.gov/Apps/kcsc/increfundstatus.aspx.
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN
- Your anticipated refund amount
- The type of return you are inquiring about a refund for
Then answer the verification or CAPTCHA tool, and click the “Submit” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Kansas State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Kansas State Department of Revenue’s lines. You will see a complete list of numbers you can call right here: https://www.dor.ms.gov/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx.
You may also call their refund line at 1-785-368-8222, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have filed for your tax refund electronically, you should have an updated status after ten business days. And you can expect your refund within 10 to 14 business days.
However, if you have submitted a paper tax return, it may take anywhere between sixteen to twenty weeks from the day you mailed it.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your Kansas Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Kansas state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Kansas state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Kansas Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Kansas state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.kdor.ks.gov/
Tax Rates for Kansas
Here are the current tax rates for residents of Kansas.
|Tax Rate||Single Filers||Married Filers|
|3.1 %||$0 – $14,999||$0 – $29,999|
|5.25%||$15 ,000 – $29,999||$30,000 – $59,999|
|5.70%||Over $30,000||Over $60,000|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund KY?