Wondering when you’re going to get your tax refund from Kentucky? If you want to check the status of things, all the info you need is below.
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays.
Also, you find up to date information on the income tax rates for individuals in Kentucky.
Where’s My Refund KY?
If you have filed for your Kentucky state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s some information that can help you find out what’s going on.
Where to Check the Status of Your Kentucky Tax Refund
To check the status of your Kentucky Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://refund.ky.gov/.
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number for joint returns enter SSN of the primary taxpayer or spouse
- And the exact refund amount
Then click the “Get Refund Status” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Kentucky State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Kentucky State Department of Revenue’s refund line at (502) 564-4581.
If you have filed your Kentucky state return electronically, you can expect your refund within two to three weeks from the date you have filed. It may take more time, sometimes up to eight to twelve weeks, if you have filed your return by paper.
For non Kentucky residents, returns could take an additional two to three weeks.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your KY Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Kentucky state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Kentucky state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Kentucky Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Kentucky state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://taxanswers.ky.gov/Pages/index.aspx or https://revenue.ky.gov/Pages/index.aspx.
Tax Rates for Kentucky
Currently, the state of Kentucky has a statewide flat income tax rate of 5%. So no matter how much you make or what your filing status is, expect to pay 5% in state income taxes.
However, in Kentucky, there are local income tax rates that you’ll have to pay as well. These are set by counties and cities in the state. They range from around 0.01% to 2.5%.
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund LA?