Wondering when you’ll get your money for your Louisiana state income tax refund?
In this article, we will share where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if any).
Also, you’ll get the latest information on the income tax rates for individuals in Louisiana.
Where’s My Refund LA?
If you have filed for your Louisiana state tax refund and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s the information you need to help you find out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Louisiana Tax Refund
To check the status of your Louisiana Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://latap.revenue.louisiana.gov/_/#1
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number for joint returns enter the SSN of the primary taxpayer or spouse
- And the exact refund amount
- The filing status
- Lastly, you need to provide the tax year
Then click the “Next” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Louisiana State Department of Revenue
Or you can also call the Louisiana State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 1-888-829-3071. This is an automated hotline, available 24/7, and the information you will receive may be similar to the one from the website. For general inquiries about tax refunds, you may call 1-855-307-3893. The phone lines are open from Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 4:20 p.m.
If you have filed your Louisiana state return electronically, you can expect your refund within 45 days from the date you have filed. It may take more time, sometimes up to 14 weeks, if you have filed your return by paper.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your LA Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Louisiana state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Louisiana state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through the mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Louisiana Department of Revenue may need to get further verification of the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted it while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Louisiana state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above or visit their website at https://revenue.louisiana.gov/Contact/Default.
Tax Rates for Louisiana
|Tax Rate||Taxable Income – Single/Married Filing Separately/Head of Household||Taxable Income – Married Filing Jointly|
|1.85%||$0 – $12,500||$0 – $25,000|
|3.50%||$12,501 – $50,000||$25,000 – $100,000|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund ME?