So, you’re wondering where your Minnesota State Tax Refund is? Well, you’re in the right place!
In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any).
We’ll also take a look at the current Minnesota individual income tax rates.
Where’s My Refund MN?
Let’s start by taking a look at where you can find out the status of your MN refund…
Where to Check the Status of Your Minnesota Tax Refund
To check the status of your Minnesota state tax refund, you have two different options: online or through phone.
If you wish to check your refund status online, simply visit their website at https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/wheres-my-refund.
Once you’re on the website, you will be asked to provide some details that will help find your account. The details should include the following information:
- Your Social Security Number, or SSN. You may also provide your Individual Tax ID Number or ITIN instead of your SSN.
- Your date of birth
- The return type you filed for
- The refund amount from the tax return. You need to enter the full amount of your refund. If applicable, you should also include any portion applied to the next year’s estimated tax, just be sure to round it to the nearest dollar.
Once you have entered all these details, you can click on the “Next” button and see the status of your refund.
Keep in mind that the information on the website is updated overnight. So even if you check multiple times a day, the results will still be the same.
The best way to do it is to check once daily.
The information is updated Monday through Friday. It’s pretty straightforward.
How to Contact the Minnesota State Department of Revenue
If you do not have access to the internet, or would prefer to talk to someone, you can also check your Minnesota state tax refund status through phone. The phone representatives you will speak to will have the same information as the website.
You can reach them at 651-296-4444 or 800-657-3676, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your MN Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Minnesota state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Minnesota state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Minnesota Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
Tax Rates for Minnesota
|5.35% Up To||6.80%||7.85%||9.85% Over|
|Married Joint||$41,050||$41,051 – $163,060||$163,061 – $284,810||$284,810|
|Married Separate||$20,525||$20,526 – $81,530||$81,531 – $142,405||$142,405|
|Single||$28,080||$28,081 – $92,230||$92,231 – $171,220||$171,220|
|Head of Household||$34,570||$34,571 – $138,890||$138,891 – $227,600||$227,600|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund MS?