It can be frustrating to wait for your Missouri state tax refund. But there are multiple ways to check on your refund status.
The easiest way is to do it online. But there are other options. In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any).
Also, you can find out about the current income tax rates for those who live in Missouri.
Where’s My Refund MO?
If you have filed for your Missouri state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s the info you need to get the status of your income tax refund… .
Where to Check the Status of Your Missouri Tax Refund
To check the status of your Missouri Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://mytax.mo.gov/rptp/portal/home/return-tracker/.
Enter the following information:
- The first Social Security number that was show on your tax return
- The whole dollar amount for your anticipated refund
- The filing status of your form
- The tax year of the return
Then click the “Check Status” button to check your refund status.
The Missouri Department of Revenue’s website is a secure, electronic self-service system.
How to Contact the Missouri State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Missouri State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 573-751-3505 to talk to a representative or 1-573-526-8299 for the automated inquiry line. The hotline to talk to a representative is open from Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can also email them at [email protected].
Usually, if you filed electronically, your refund may be available in as little as five business days. On the other hand, if you filed a paper return, it can take up to four weeks before you will see your refund.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your MO Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Missouri state tax refund, it’s possible something about your return is causing a delay. So what causes a delay?
It could be for a number of reasons. Some of the more common causes of delays in your Missouri state tax refunds include some of the following:
- If there is any information missing on your return or your return is incomplete in any way.
- Getting your refund through the mail instead of by direct deposit
- Sometimes delays are due to USPS delivery of either a paper return or a check sent through mail
- If there are any math errors, or other adjustments, that need to be addressed on your return.
- Sometimes the Missouri Department of Revenue may have questions about and/or need to verify some information that is on your tax return. If they need to contact you and get additional information from you, this will drag the refund process out longer.
- Complex tax returns that include multiple forms may take longer to review and process the return for
There are a few things you can do to try to get your refund as fast as possible. One is to make sure all the information on your returns is complete and accurate. Also, submit your return online instead of mailing a paper return. And, lastly, request that the refund get sent to your via direct deposit to your bank account instead of getting a paper check.
Should there be any delays with your Missouri state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://dor.mo.gov/personal/.
Tax Rates for Missouri
|Taxable Income for All Filing Statuses||Tax Amount|
|At least $109 but not over $1,088||1.5% of the Missouri taxable income|
|Over $1,088 but not over $2,176||$16 plus 2.0% of excess over $1,088|
|Over $2,176 but not over $3,264||$38 plus 2.5% of excess over $2,176|
|Over $3,264 but not over $4,352||$65 plus 3.0% of excess over $3,264|
|Over $4,352 but not over $5,440||$98 plus 3.5% of excess over $4,352|
|Over $5,440 but not over $6,528||$136 plus 4.0% of excess over $5,440|
|Over $6,528 but not over $7,616||$180 plus 4.5% of excess over $6,528|
|Over $7,616 but not over $8,704||$229 plus 5.0% of excess over $7,616|
|Over $8,704||$283 plus 5.4% of excess over $8,704|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund MT?