If you’re wondering what’s taking your Mississippi state tax refund so long, we have some tips that may help you out.
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). You can also find more information on Mississippi tax rates.
Where’s My Refund MS?
If you have filed for your Mississippi state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, we have some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Mississippi Tax Refund
To check the status of your Mississippi Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://tap.dor.ms.gov/?link=RefundStatus.
Enter the following information:
- Your ID Type (Social Security number or your SSN, or Federal Employer ID)
- Your ID Number
- Your anticipated refund amount
Then click the “Search” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Mississippi State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Mississippi State Department of Revenue’s lines. You will see a complete list of numbers you can call right here: https://www.dor.ms.gov/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx.
If you have filed for your tax refund electronically, you should have an updated status after ten business days. However, if you have submitted a paper tax return, it may take up to ten weeks from the day you mailed it.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your MS Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Mississippi state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Mississippi state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Mississippi Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Mississippi state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.dor.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx or https://www.dor.ms.gov/Individual/Pages/default.aspx.
Tax Rates for Mississippi
Mississippi has a graduated tax rate. These rates are the same for individuals and businesses. Here are the exact rates:
- 0% on the first $3,000 of taxable income.
- 3% on the next $2,000 of taxable income.
- 4% on the next $5,000 of taxable income.
- 5% on all taxable income over $10,000.
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund MO?