Getting tired of waiting around for your North Carolina State Tax refund? Well, we’ll show you where you can find the status of your refund online. Or by phone.
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). You’ll also find info about the latest on North Carolina’s state income tax rates for individuals.
Where’s My Refund NC?
If you have filed for your North Carolina state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s where you can find the info you need.
Where to Check the Status of Your North Carolina Tax Refund
To check the status of your North Carolina Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://eservices.dor.nc.gov/wheresmyrefund/.
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or your ITIN
- And the exact refund amount
Then click the “Submit” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the North Carolina State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the North Carolina State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 1-877-252-4052 or 1-877-252-3052. You may contact them between Mon. – Fri. 7a.m. – 5p.m. EST.
If you have filed your North Carolina state return electronically, you can expect your refund to move through the review process within six to eight weeks from the date you have filed. It may take more time if you have filed your return by paper.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your NC Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your North Carolina state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your North Carolina state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The North Carolina Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your North Carolina state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.ncdor.gov/file-pay/refund-process or https://eservices.dor.nc.gov/wheresmyrefund/SelectionServlet.
Tax Rates for North Carolina
There are no tax brackets in North Carolina for individuals. No matter your filing status or how much you make, there is just a flat tax rate. See the current rate below…
|Filer Type||Tax Rate|
|Married Filing Separately||5.25%|
|Married Filing Jointly||5.25%|
|Head of Household||5.25%|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund ND?