Are you getting tired of waiting around for your Nebraska tax refund? We have a couple of tips and resources to help you find out when you’ll get it.
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any).
We’ll also share with you the latest information on the state income tax rates for individuals in Nebraska.
Where’s My Refund NE?
If you have filed for your Nebraska state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, we have some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Nebraska Tax Refund
To check the status of your Nebraska Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://ndr-refundstatus.ne.gov/refundstatus/public/search.faces
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN
- Your anticipated refund amount
- And the filing status
Then submit the CAPTCHA and click the “Check Refund Status” button to check your refund status. Additionally, you may also visit the state’s Taxpayer Access Point or TAP and login to our account. You can see the status of your refund there.
How to Contact the Nebraska State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Nebraska State Department of Revenue’s lines at 1-800-742-7474 or 1-402-471-5729.
If you have filed for your tax refund electronically, you should have an updated status after ten business days. And you can expect your refund within 30 days.
However, if you have submitted a paper tax return, it may take 3 months or more from the day you mailed it.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your NE Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Nebraska state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Nebraska state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments
- The Nebraska Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Nebraska state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at http://www.revenue.nebraska.gov/index.html
Tax Rates for Nebraska
Here’s the personal income tax rates for Nebraska:
For single taxpayers:
- 2.46% on the first $3,290 of taxable income
- 3.51% on taxable income between $3,291 and $19,700
- 5.01% on taxable income between $19,701 and $31,750
- 6.84% on taxable income of $31,751 and above
For married taxpayers filing jointly:
- 2.46% on the first $6,570 of taxable income
- 3.51% on taxable income between $6,571 and $39,410
- 5.01% on taxable income between $39,411 and $63,500
- 6.84% on taxable income of $63,501 and above
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund NJ?