Want to know where your money is from your Oklahoma state income tax refund? You’re in the right spot!
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). We’ll also give you a little more information on Oklahoma tax rates for indviduals.
Where’s My Refund OK?
If you have filed for your Oklahoma state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, we have some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Oklahoma Tax Refund
To check the status of your Oklahoma Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://oktap.tax.ok.gov/oktap/web/_/#1.
Enter the following information:
- The last seven digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN)
- Your Zip Code
- And the exact refund amount
Then click the “Search” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Oklahoma State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Oklahoma State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 1-405-521-3160.
You may call anytime between Mon. – Fri. 7:30p.m. – 4:30p.m.
If you have filed your Oklahoma state return electronically, you can check the status of your refund after four days of filing. On the other hand, if you have filed through paper, you can check for the status after three weeks.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your OK Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Oklahoma state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Oklahoma state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Oklahoma Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Oklahoma state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.ok.gov/tax/.
Tax Rates for Oklahoma
|Tax Rate||Single Filers / Married Filing Separately / Head of Household||Married Filing Jointly|
|.5%||$0 – $1,000||$ – $2,000|
|1%||$1,000 – $2,500||$2001 – $5,000|
|2%||$2,501 – $3,750||$5,001 – $7,500|
|5%||$7,200 +||$12,200 +|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund OR?