Want to find out where your Pennsylvania State Tax Refund is? You’re in the right place!
In this article, we will share with you how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). And also we’ll share some info about Pennsylvania tax rates.
Where’s My Refund PA (Pennsylvania)?
Let’s see how to find the status of your state tax refund in Pennsylvania…
Where to Check the Status of Your Pennsylvania Tax Refund
To check the status of your Pennsylvania Tax Refund, you may visit their new MyPath website at https://mypath.pa.gov/_/.
On this page you will need to enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN.
- The tax year
- And the expected refund amount
Once you have entered all the details, simply click on the “Search” button to check the status of your refund.
How to Contact the Pennsylvania State Department of Revenue
If you don’t want to use the Internet to find out this info, there are other options for you. To check the status of a refund offline all you have to do is call the Pennsylvania State Department of Revenue to check your refund status.
Their hotline number is 1-888-PATAXES which is a 24 hour toll free line. You can also reach a representative at 1-717-787-8201. Business hours are between 7:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M, Eastern Time from Monday through Friday.
Just keep in mind that it’s highly likely that the phone service representatives will have the same details as the website/portal.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your PA Tax Refund?
If it takes a little while for your Pennsylvania state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Pennsylvania state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Pennsylvania state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://mypath.pa.gov/_/#2.
Tax Rates for Pennsylvania
To help you understand the tax rates for Pennsylvania, here’s a quick overview:
- The Pennsylvania personal income tax is currently at 3.07%.
- There are currently eight classes of income, namely:
- Net profits from a business, profession or farm
- Net gains or income from dispositions of property
- Net gains or income from royalties, copyrights and patents
- Any income from estates or trusts
- Gambling and lottery winnings
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund RI?