Getting tired of waiting around for your South Carolina State Tax Refund? Well, we can help you find out the status of your refund.
In this article, we will share with you where and how to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any).
Also, you’ll find the latest info on the South Carolina income tax rates for individuals.
Where’s My Refund SC?
If you have filed for your South Carolina state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, here’s what you need to know to find out.
Where to Check the Status of Your South Carolina Tax Refund
To check the status of your South Carolina Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://mydorway.dor.sc.gov/_/#1.
Enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or your ITIN
- And the exact refund amount
Then click the “Search” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the South Carolina State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the South Carolina State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 1-844-898-8542.
If you have filed your South Carolina state return electronically, you can expect your refund to move through the review process within six to eight weeks from the date you have filed. It may take more time if you have filed your return by paper.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your SC Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your South Carolina state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your South Carolina state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The South Carolina Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your South Carolina state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://dor.sc.gov/tax/individual-income/faq or https://dor.sc.gov/refund.
Tax Rates for South Carolina
|Taxable Income – All Filers||Amount of Tax|
|$0 – $3,069||0%|
|$3,070 – 6,149||3%|
|$6,150 – $9,229||4%|
|$9,230 – $12,309||5%|
|$12,310 – $15,399||6%|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund TN?