Are you anxious about getting your Utah state tax refund? You can check your refund status online or offline. All the info you need is below.
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what you can do to check updates, and what may be causing the delays (if there are any). You’ll also find all the info on the tax rates in Utah.
Where’s My Refund UT?
If you have filed for your Utah state tax refund, and you’re wondering where your refund is, we have some information that can help you out.
Where to Check the Status of Your Utah Tax Refund
To check the status of your Utah Tax Refund, you may visit their website at https://tap.tax.utah.gov/TaxExpress/.
Enter the following information:
- Your taxpayer ID number
- The amount of the refund or federal Adjusted Gross Income
Then click the “Next” button to check your refund status.
How to Contact the Utah State Department of Revenue
Or, you can also call the Utah State Department of Revenue’s refund line at 1-801-297-2200 or 1-800-662-4335.
You may call from Mondays through Fridays at 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your UT Tax Refund
If it takes a little while for your Utah state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Utah state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Utah Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Utah state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://tax.utah.gov/training/tap-faq/wheres-my-refund.
Tax Rates for Utah
Utah has a flat income tax rate for all residents of 4.95%. This means that no matter how much income you have or your income tax status, that is the rate you will pay.
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund VT?