Want to know where your Virginia State Income Tax Refund is? Well, you’re in the right place!
In this article, we will share with you how and where to get more information on your tax refund, what may be causing the delays (if there are any) and more. Also, you’ll get some information about tax rates in Virginia.
Where’s My Refund VA?
First, let’s look at how and where to get the most up to date info about your tax refund in Virginia…
Where to Check the Status of Your Virginia Tax Refund
To check the status of your Virginia Tax Refund, you can simply visit their website at https://www.individual.tax.virginia.gov/IOP/#/refund.
All you have to do is enter the following information:
- Your Social Security Number or SSN
- The tax year of the return filed
- Your expected refund amount, you can round it off to the nearest dollar.
Once you’re done, you can click the “Check Refund” button and you’ll be redirected to a new web page.
How to Contact the Virginia State Department of Revenue
If you want to check your refund offline, you can call Virginia’s automated refund system at 1-804-367-2486. You can call the hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
After e-filing, you can check the status of your refund in 72 hours. However, if you file a paper return, it takes much longer before you can check for updates. Usually it will be about 4 weeks.
What Can Cause a Delay In Your Virginia Tax Refund
Once you have finished e-filing a tax return, you can receive your refund for up to four weeks after filing. If you piled a paper return, it may take up to eight weeks.
If it takes a little while for your Virginia state tax refund, there may be some delays. So what causes a delay?
Well, there are a number of different reasons that could cause a delay in your Pennsylvania state tax refunds. It may include some of the following, but are not limited to:
- Not choosing direct deposit
- Mailing a paper return or check sent through mail
- There may be some math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- The Virginia Department of Revenue may need to get further verification on the information you have reported on your return. If this is the case, they may request additional information from you, and it may make the process take longer.
- There may also be delays if you have used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Lastly, there may be delays because there is any missing information on your return, or you submitted while it is still incomplete.
To get your refund faster, be sure that all of the details you entered in your filing are correct. And make sure to submit your filing online and choose to get your refund deposited to your account instead. These will make the process faster and more convenient for you.
Should there be any delays with your Virginia state tax refund, just call the hotline number we have provided above, or visit their website at https://www.individual.tax.virginia.gov/IOP/#/refund.
Tax Rates for Virginia
To help you understand the tax rates for Virginia here’s a quick overview:
|Single Filers / Married Filing Jointly / Heads of Household||Married Filing Separately||Tax Rates|
Looking for information on other states? Visit our where is my state tax refund page.
Next, find out where’s my refund WV?